Thursday, April 10, 2014

Papercrafting: A Hobby Too Many

I have fallen in love with paper crafting! I've technically been doing it for awhile, as I've been working on Abigail's "First Year" scrapbook for three and a half years now. When the new Cricut Explore came out, I had to have it. I first wanted it to make patterns for appliqué, which was my main use for the old Cricut. 

Ever since the new machine came in the mail I have been obsessed! I even went as far as to decorate my machine with the vinyl that comes with it.


It started as a desire to help my sister-in-law, Emily, with the paper flowers for her wedding:

(Not her wedding colors, just a practice rose)

The obsession became a desire to make a bouquet for the nook in our house. Can you believe all these little pieces are cut by a machine, then easily assembled into something so pretty?



Here are my finished roses. I am waiting to put the stems on and assemble them until I find the perfect vase! While this was time consuming, it was not difficult, and I love how they turned out!


And of course, I had to make a sparkly pink one for my princess!


I need to stop trying new crafting hobbies! I have yet to find a craft I don't enjoy! The more I do, the less time I have for other things, like quilting. Time to get back to basics and pull the out sewing machine again, especially with trying to open a new Etsy shop, and the millions of babies my friends and family seem to be having in June!

Baby items, here I come!

…and we'll have to see how I can work the new Cricut into the mix… 




No comments:

Post a Comment