Sunday, April 13, 2014

Quilting for a Cause

Although I live far away, my family is still very close. When my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2013, it hurt not to be in Cincinnati. I felt like there was nothing I could do.

Except pray.

And quilt.




This is the quilt I made her. I surprised her with it in September of 2013, while she was still in the diagnosis phase of her battle.

I love making quilts for specific people and for specific occasions. While I make it I am able to think about the person, reminisce on favorite times, and say a few prayers for what is going on in their life. While I prefer not to have a reason like cancer, it helps me to be able to do something for that person. It also helps to think that maybe my quilt is able to bring some comfort in a very difficult time.

I am happy to say that my aunt loved the quilt.

I am even happier to say that she kicked cancer right in the butt and has been in remission since October.

I love you Aunt Amy!



No comments:

Post a Comment