Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall Hexagon Table Runner

Rainy Sundays are the best days for finishing projects in my opinion! Abigail is happily relaxing and watching Barney, so I took the time to finish a project I've been excited about for awhile.


I found the idea for a hexagon table runner in the most recent issue of "Quilts & More" and used the hexagon quilt technique out of "Quilt Sampler."


I used the Moda charm pack of "Phenomenal Fall" for the hexagons and the panel from Moda's "Grand Finale" for the back. I had a few charm squares leftover from a quilt I made my mom (also "Grand Finale"), so I threw them into the mix as well. You've got to love Moda precuts!

I also used Insul-Bright batting so I could use the runner as a hot pad for the holidays. I love anything that can be multi-purpose. And heck, what's the point of making something if it's not going to be used?

I was a little intimidated getting started, as cutting these alone were a hassle! I actually cut them about 3 weeks ago, but who's counting? Here are a few pictures of the sewing process...
Finally cut!
Pin and Sew 

Sew pieces into rows.
Sew the rows together. (Directions in magazine)
I really want to start getting better about taking pictures of the sewing/quilting process, but it turns out that this is not the project. As I got closer to the end I got so excited and just kept going, as the camera lay forgotten. So here are my pictures of the finished project. I am so excited and love it! I think I'm going to make a similar one for Christmas!

I love the back almost as much as the front!
Up Close...
Love it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment