Friday, October 12, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like (a quilting) Christmas!

Ok. It's not. It is October, and I absolutely hate when stores have Christmas stuff up before Halloween. That being said, my wonderful husband surprised me with an early birthday present and I couldn't help but get so excited that I actually bought Christmas fabric, and started making a table runner!

Let me add that my birthday isn't until December, so this is REALLY an early present!

My gift:
AccuQuilt Go!
I am so excited for my new AccuQuilt! He bought me the "starter kit" that came with 10 fabric cutting dies. For those of you who know you, you know that cutting is my absolute LEAST favorite part of the quilting process. I am so nervous the entire time waiting to make the mistake that will leave me with a wrongly cut piece, therefore needing more fabric. (Ok, I don't hate the needing more fabric part...)

I was so excited that I went ahead and bought a charm pack of "Blitzen" by BasicGrey for Moda Fabrics. 

Not only did I buy it, but I already cut and organized the hexagons! What should have taken me hours of measuring and cutting took less than 3 minutes. Honestly, it took longer sticking them all to the design wall than it did to cut them!


I am forcing myself to put the AccuQuilt away. I need to force myself to finish the "Two by Two" quilt I started before I move on anything else. That is the purple, grey, and beige fabric above the Blitzen runner. There will be a post on the Two by Two quilt on a different day...

I was too excited not to share!

Until next time!
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment